As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others.
– Bill Gates
This session will elaborate on the importance and quality of STEAM education (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) pervading every part of our live. Science is everywhere in the world around us. Technology is continuously expanding into every aspect of our lives. Engineering is the basic design of roads and bridges, but also tackles the challenges of changing global weather and environmentally-friendly changes to our home. Arts Recognise, know, use and demonstrate a variety of appropriate art elements and principles to produce, review and revise original works in the arts. Mathematics is in every occupation, every activity we do in our lives. The focus of the session is on exploring and discussing solutions for developing the next generation of STEAM skilled talent necessary to drive innovation and economic growth. If properly educated in STEAM and equipped with digital tools at the early age, specially girls and women may “leapfrog” gender gaps and secure their participation in the society and an inclusive economy.
How Does STEAM Education Empower Gender Equality and Social Inclusiveness, and is the Foundation of Environmental Oriented Education and Successful Business Models in the 21th Century?
- The importance of STEAM education to drive social, inclusive and economic growth.
- The effects for societies of early exposure to STEAM
- The impact of STEAM education on gender equality.
- The relevance of STEAM education for developing
- STEAM as the foundation of education 4.0 and shaping new business models.
- STEAM empowering today’s and tomorrow’s change-makers solving environmental challenges.
Growing concerns about climate change, environmental degradation and scarcity of resources are changing the nature of work and life. Technological progress aligned with sustainability issues require the need to explore and develop “Green Skills” that not only focus on sustainable production and frugal living, but also help to overcome environmental challenge in a systematic way. Especially TVET (Technical Vocational Education and Training) and related transformations of TVET and Lifelong Learning can play a fundamental and crucial role in this context. This session will take participants through the need for greening education and discuss successful TVET approaches that can be taken to translate “education for green growth and sustainability” into action. The session is dedicated to knowledge sharing on greening education including topics such as ecologising curriculum, greening of courses and challenge individuals to think holistically and critically about global environmental concerns, opportunities and solutions.
How do we Organize Greening Education and TVET to Impact on Transitioning ‘Greening’ the Economy for Sustainable and Inclusive Growth?
- The Must of greening education and jobs for sustainable green growth.
- General overview of current landscape of green education and skills.
- Challenges and opportunities towards continuously greening economy and eco-systems.
- Readiness of education systems and TVET institutions for the green transition in the 2020s.
- The relevance of greening education for employability, new Jobs and new businesses.
The 4th Industrial Revolution is changing the world around us. Digital innovations, the internet of things and big data are driving globalisation beyond borders and impact the global economy, the environment, labor markets and the entire society. The intellectual intensive jobs will be impacted just as much as shop floor activities and modern manufacturing. Thus, education and skills development from primary school to life-long learning, as well as partnerships at all levels, and within all sectors, are in high demand globally. Individuals will need to be well educated and highly trained in new technologies, but also more importantly in the values associated with using those technologies. This session will elaborate on the question how to move education forward in the digital era and how to leverage partnership between education, business and organisations to leapfrog digital stills gaps globally for the benefit of inclusive global growth.
How Do We Prepare for the Fourth Industrial Revolution in the 2020s of the Century?
- The Potential of Artificial Challenges and Industry 4.0 Technologies to master global challenges of the 21th Century (climate, nature, poverty, inequality)
- The opportunities in the context of international digital transformation
- Readiness of economies and countries for Digitalization and Industry 4.0 technologies
- Requirements for Generations, Employability, Gender, Social and Inclusive Growth, New Jobs and New Businesses
- The Future of Industrial Skills – Education and Skills 4.0
Information about the Future Talk 2020
Where? Worlddidac International exhibition, Bern, Switzerland
When? 4 – 6 November 2020
Who do we encourage to attend? Business and Industry Leaders, Ministers and Government Representatives, Heads of Education Institutes, Teaching and Qualification Organisations, teachers, Educational Suppliers, Public Bodies and Interantional Agencies, Dealers and Distributors, Consultants, Education Enthusiasts with a dedicated interest and passion to create Impact by Education and Make a Difference!
What? The conference is optimised to allow enough time for visiting the exhibition and to have discussions with renowned education solution providers. The conference is organised under the patronage of leading UN- and educational organisations.
Registration for Future Talk 2020
For ticket reservation please contact:
+41 31 311 76 82